Current Research Studies
We promote healthy and active aging based on research focused on nutrition and physical activity choices that encourage vitality. Through our research, important theories about nutrition and health are investigated; the results in turn, lead to dietary recommendation for millions of Americans. Since research based on human participation has the best chance of yielding results that can be applied to the general public, we usually have a constant need for volunteers to participate in nutrition research studies.
Current studies that are recruiting volunteers are:
For more information about these studies, please click on the study topic above to complete the appropriate Study Inquiry Form or call Volunteer Services at 800-738-7555. You will be asked to leave the following information on our automated voice mail system: your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and the specific number(s) of the studies you are interested in, such as study #2845.
Within 24 hours of your call we will mail you a medical questionnaire and a description of the study in which you are interested. If you have questions or concerns, please leave a detailed message including your phone number and our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
HNRCA Health & Safety Commitment
At the HNRCA, we understand that safety is of the utmost concern to everyone and our goal is to provide and maintain the safest environment possible in order to resume and continue our research study activities. We have implemented extra precautions for the health of our research study participants, visitors and staff. Below are some of the enhanced measures we have committed to use each day:
1. Symptom Screening Procedures
- Study participants and all HNRCA staff are required to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure when entering the building. Anyone experiencing such symptoms is not allowed to continue into the building.
2. Masks, Personal Protective Equipment and Hand Hygiene
- Masks must be worn to enter the HNRCA.
- A new mask will be provided upon entry into the lobby and must be worn at all times by HNRCA staff, study participants, and visitors.
- HNRCA staff will wear additional personal protective equipment (such as eye protection) in instances when social distancing cannot be maintained (i.e. during blood draws).
- CDC-approved hand sanitizer is readily available for study participant, visitor, and staff use.
- Staff and study participants are required to perform hand hygiene before and after all research and study related activities.
3. Building Capacity and Study Visits
- We are limiting the number of people in our building and allowing only visitors scheduled for an appointment.
- Some study procedures (including some prescreening procedures, questionnaires, and study check-ins) will now happen remotely via a phone or video call to help reduce the time of your study visit when possible.
4. Cleaning and Disinfection
- All procedure and assessment rooms, as well as equipment are cleaned and disinfected after each participant use.
- All common area surfaces (e.g. tables, chairs, check-in areas) are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day.